The Webutation team describes its service as follows:
Webutation is an open community about Website Reputation andIt is clear that this will surely enhance the information rendered in the additional information section of VirusTotal reports, it is precisely there where this tool appears because it characterizes domains rather than URLs, example:
- collects user feedback and customer experience about websites.
- tests websites against spyware, spam and scams with smart scanning technology in realtime.
- Google Safebrowsing against badware and phising fraud (which is used in Firefox as well and updates every half hour).
- Website Antivirus which scans sites against adware (popups), spyware (outgoing links) and viruses.
- WOT which collects some reviews about websites.
- Norton Safe Web
- as well as many other website feedback resources.
As it happened with the other domain characterization engines, the data returned by Webutation can be used for building customized scoring systems for full URLs.
Webutation, once again, thanks for your collaboration!