Systems administrators, engineers and security analysts often use GNU/Linux, Mac OS, or BSD. The VirusTotal uploader can be compiled and distributed on these systems. This will give users the 2nd opinion that that VirusTotal can offer and should make queueing scans on VirusTotal easier.
The requirements to compile on linux are:
- C++ compiler (gcc tested)
- QT Version 5 or newer development packages. Most linux distributions have this already.
- C Interface to VirusTotal API which we recently open-sourced.
To compile on Mac OS X, you will need xcode development tools.
The Features of the program are the same:
- Drag and drop a file to the VirusTotal Uploader in order to scan it with over 50 antivirus solutions.
- Drag and drop a folder to the VirusTotal Uploader and schedule the analysis of its content
- Allow you to "Open With" in a file browser to scan a file.
If anyone wishes to send patches, please do a pull request to us on github. Comments and suggestions are welcome.